Monday, 24 November 2014

LILY- Target Audience Questionnaire and Research

The film industry's prime focus is making money. Therefore a key factor in insuring they do this is knowing your target audience.
That way trailers and other ways of advertising are targeted towards that specific audience, to try get them to watch the film.

As a part of audience research I decided to conduct a survey on who would be our target audience.

Here are the questions asked:

1) What gender are you?
2) What is your age?
3) Do you like horror films?
4) What is your favourite horror film?
5) What is it about that one you like?
6) Would you pay to watch horror films regularly?
7) When you watch horror films who do you usually watch them with?
8)  Do you like gore in horror films?

You can fill out the survey here:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TZF9K9Q

This questionnaire is short and easy for people to fill out, but will equally tell me a lot of information about our target audience.

Based on research I have collected using the internet and the information gathered from the questionnaires I did, I have discovered that:

  • Men: according to research I found on the internet, males tend to prefer action films, and are much more likely to watch a movie containing gory scenes.
  • Where as females are less likely to enjoy this, on the whole, but would prefer to watch a romantic-comedy or a 'chick-flick.' However they do prefer horror movies without gore.
  • Younger people, aged 14-30 are much more likely to enjoy a horror movie compared to people above this age, who would not enjoy the thrill as much.
  • Similarly, young couples also appear to watch horror movies, as women prefer to watch with a male figure.

1 comment: